Monday, March 21, 2011

Bedtime Query

Just before bed tonight, Ambriel walked up to me holding a small rectangle of paper and asked

"Are you the bank manager?"

I of course burst out laughing because who expects such a question from a five-year-old, especially one whose mother does essentially all of her banking online and uses Kroger as an ATM. Seeing her frustration with me, however, I replied that I was if she wanted me to be. I then returned to reading random posts on facebook, absentmindedly answering the questions she continued to pose.

Ambriel: "What is 20 and 20?"

Me: "Mmm...40."

Ambriel: "What is 2 and 2?"

Me: "4"

Ambriel: "What is 30 and 30?"

Me: [long distracted pause]

Ambriel: [piercing stare into my skull]

Me: "What?"

Ambriel: "If you are going to be the bank manager, you need to know everything about letters!"

Me: "You mean numbers."

Ambriel: "Those, too!" [walks off in a huff]

No comments:

Post a Comment